GPPCC Updates for December 2020
Hello! Hope your holiday and year-end season is going well so far. Been quite a year -- sure we all look forward to a more normal year in 2021 :)
We wanted to share some updates and ask for your help as we plan for 2021:
1) FYI - there have been some interim management changes for Portland District and Cornfoot. Reece is now the interim Plant Manager; Scott Manier is now the interim Portland Postmaster. The good news is that both Reece and Scott will be supporting the GPPCC and will serve as co-Postal Chairs! I met Scott today, and he is excited to be part of our team, and we are excited to have him join us!
2) 2020 Mailers & Shippers Conference. Last month's in-person conference was a real success (especially in light of the Covid world we live in). We are working on seeing if the videos of the keynote presentations turned out, and if so we'll pass your way. We also took some pictures we hope to share too.
3) 2021 Monthly meetings. We will stay with meeting on the second Thursdays 9:00 - 10:00 am at Cornfoot and on Zoom. The first meeting will be on January 14th. All January in-person and Zoom attendees will receive our new GPPPC face mask! Also, all in-person attendees will also receive a new GPPCC mug we are developing.
5) We are looking for Mail related success stories! We are interested in hearing about how Mail has been used to benefit your organization. One of the purposes of hearing your story is that we are submitting some stories as part of our national PCC award submissions for both 2020 and looking ahead to 2021. Email me if you have something to share.
We successfully completed over 15 GPPCC related meetings and events this year, which is pretty amazing under the circumstances of dealing with a once in 100 year pandemic. Thank you for your participation and support! We are looking forward to a better 2021 -- and the good news is that the vaccines are coming!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Wes Friesen, Industry Co-Chair and on behalf of Reece Steelman and Scott Manier, Postal Co-Chairs
National PCC: December 2020 PCC Virtual Event Calendar
Register to attend: http://www.socalpcc.org/learn--grow-informed-visibility.html
Register to attend: https://usps.zoomgov.com/meeting/register/vJIsfusqzwsHo_bM6vLpDwrnm3MLpB-zSs
Register to attend at: http://www.socalpcc.org/san-diego-pcc-upcoming-events.html
Good News from the GPPCC
Hello! We had a good monthly meeting today along with a profitable Conference planning session. Here are some updates and description of the 5 attachments to this email:
1) Today's Monthly Meeting: we had informative presentations by Ellen Koch on Seamless Acceptance and Tommy Werbin on USPS related facts. Both of their presentations are attached.
2) Parcel and Packages Webinar: Wednesday, October 21st 11:00 - 12:00 on the same Zoom link we have been using. More details to follow.
3) Mailer and Shipper Conference: Thursday, November 12th at Cornfoot. The conference just keeps getting better and more valuable! Attached is an updated conference flyer. One addition is that we will have an optional Plant tour in the afternoon. Also, Moonlight BPO will be donating cool backpacks to add to the list of freebies for all attendees! Attached is the draft schedule for the day, so you get a feel for all the valuable education, networking, and fun we are planning.
The time is also here to start preparing and submitting your Pinnacle Award application (attached). Hard deadline is October 31st. Also, it looks like we have room for 10 Exhibitors this year, and 3 spots are taken. If you want to reserve a spot please email me soon.
FYI - below is a copy of the national award recognition we received at the recent National PCC Day :)
Thank you for your participation and support of the GPPCC. We look forward to seeing some of you at the October 21st webinar, and truly hope to see 50 of you at our November 12th Conference!
Wes Friesen, Industry Co-Chair in partnership with Reece Steelman, Postal Co-Chair
COMMUNICATION PROGRAM EXCELLENCE AWARD
October GPPCC Meeting Agenda
Thursday, October 8, 2020 Cornfoot Road in person at 9:00 a.m.
Zoom Meeting #: 160 549 5325 Password: 939460
GPPCC Meet and Greet – 9:00 to 9:05
Call to Order
Officers & Team Leaders:
· Industry Co-Chair –Wes Friesen
- Postal Co-Chair – Reece Steelman
- Vice Chair – Scott Brenton
- Communications –Timothy Michael
· Secretary – Taylor Dole
· Treasurer – Melanie Harrington
· Education – Ellen Koch
· Membership – Marilyn Webber
- Postal Liaison – Kirsten Sherrill/Lynn Yut
- Annual Conference – Team
Industry Enrichment: Ellen Koch, Moonlight BPO
Postal Enrichment: TBD
Membership – Marilyn Webber
Education – Ellen Koch
Wednesday, October 21 Webinar: Parcel/Package Symposium 11:00 - 12:00 pm PST
Communications - Tim Michael
Annual Conference – Thursday, November 12th @ Cornfoot Wes/Kirsten
Social – Wes Friesen
New & Old Business: Refer to GPPCC Remaining Calendar
Next Board Meeting:
2020 GPPCC MAILER’S CONFERENCE – BRIDGING THE FUTURE TOGETHER!
2020 GPPCC MAILER AND SHIPPER CONFERENCE – BRIDGING THE FUTURE TOGETHER!
When: Thursday, November 12 at the 7007 NE Cornfoot USPS Center (8:00AM - 4:00PM)
Early Bird Registration (through 11/9) $49
Registration (after 11/9) $59
Exhibitor Booth $250
The Mailer’s Conference is the place to be to learn, grow, network and improve yourself and your team! This is the one event that brings together the top mailers, leading vendors and suppliers, and the leaders and experts from the United States Postal Service in one place.
We have an inspiring keynote speaker lined up -- Charles Marshall, who will share the "Seven Secrets of Success". We will also have an important keynote address from USPS District Manager Bill Schwartz. There will be fve breakout seminars to choose from covering topics like Informed Delivery & Visibility, Shipping Strategy, Small Business Initiatives, Building High Performance Teams, and other useful topics.
The registration fee includes a light breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Also included are a Gift Bag, Conference Program and a Backpack – and the first 50 people who register will get a free copy of the book “Seven Secrets of Success". Attendance will be limited so don’t procrastinate and register soon!
The conference planning team thought it would be helpful to summarize the safety protocols that we will be following at the conference. We will be following all the COVID safety guidelines for Multnomah County, including masks, social distancing, sanitation, etc.)
Here is a list of safety protocols:
1) The Cornfoot facility itself is very safe. The facility undergoes diligent sanitation every day, and has state-of-art HVAC systems in place. All employees and visitors are wearing masks. In the past 7+ months there has been no spread of COVID within the facility.
2) We will all be wearing masks. When we arrive in the front lobby, we will get a baggie with the new PCC mask (fun!) and a bottle of sanitizer.
3) We will have a temperature check scanner when we arrive into the meeting area.
4) We will be maintaining social distancing.
5) The food items will be individually packaged.