Upcoming Postal Incentive Programs
•Color Print in First-Class Mail Transaction Promotion
– Registration Jun 15 – Dec 31 – Promotion Period Aug 1 - Dec 31
Connect with your customers using color print marketing and consumer messaging in your bills, statements, and invoices. During the 2014 Color Print in First-Class Mail® Transactions Promotion, businesses that create bills and statements that take advantage of color print technology will get an upfront 2 percent postage discount on eligible mailpieces.
•Emerging Technology Featuring NFC Promotion
– Registration Jun 15-Sept 30 – Promotion Period Aug 1 - Sept 30
Enhance how your customers engage with mail by providing them with an interactive experience using the mailpiece and a mobile device. Business mailers who participate in the promotion can get an upfront 2 percent postage discount by incorporating Near Field Communication or “Enhanced” Augmented Reality technology into their mailpieces.
•Mail Drives Mobile Commerce Promotion
– Registration Sept 15 – Dec 31 – Promotion Period Nov 1 - Dec 31
Direct mail, combined with mobile technology, continues to be a convenient method for customers to do their shopping. Send your customers mail that includes a mobile barcode or print/mobile technology that can be scanned by a mobile device and gives them an easy way to purchase a product via a mobile-optimized web site. Approved business mailers who participate in the promotion can receive an upfront 2 percent postage discount on eligible mailpieces.
Every Door Direct Mail
•Create a flat size advertising mail piece
•Pay $0.175 per piece
•Very easy to use
•Access every address on a route.
Intelligent Mail for Small Business Tool
•Save $220.00 per yr!
•Very easy to use
•Cleans your list of all bad addresses and duplicates
•Sorts the mail for you!
•Provides a barcode discount
Business Customer Gateway
When you register for the Business Customer Gateway you get the following:
•24/7 access to your PostalOne! account balance information
•Reminders can be set for low balance alerts or permit fees due alerts
•Create an electronic postage statement
•Manage your mailings
•Audit Mailing Activity
•Get mailing reports
•Create an Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) Mailing
•Get your Mailer ID (MID)
•Create a Full Service IMB mailing using the IMsb Tool
•Register for Incentive Programs
•Order mailing equipment
•Create a FAST Mailing Appointment for drop shipments
•Create a Package Intercept account
•Register for Online Enrollment
- The Intelligent Mail Package Barcode (IMpb) is required on all commercial packages as of January 26, 2014. The mailer or mailing agent is required to submit a supporting electronic documentation or Shipping Services File (SSF) including piece level address or zip+4 Code information with each mailing. If the mailer does ot provide both the IMpb barcode and the SSF they will be charged a $0.20 surcharge per piece. For exceptions to this rule go to: https://ribbs.usps.gov/intelligentmail_package/documents/tech_guides/IMpbCertifiedSolutionsProviders.pdf
- All packages will be required to use the IMpb on January 25, 2015. This includes Bound Printed Matter, Library Mail, Media Mail, and Merchandise Return Service (MRS).